Last Updated on December 7, 2020
gobi manchurian, yumm!
Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Basmati rice – 3/4 cup
Carrot – 2 small finely chopped
Beans – 2 finely chopped
Cabbage – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1/8 cup
Spring onions (white part) – 1.5 tbsp finely chopped
Spring onions (green part) – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Garlic – 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum – 2 tbsp chopped finely
Soya sauce – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli Sauce – 3/4 tsp
Ajino motto – 1/4 tsp (optional) – I didnt use
Pepper powder – 1.5 tsp
Olive Oil – 1.5 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Rinse rice and pressure cook it with required water till rice grain is separated…Fluff it off with a fork add some olive oil, keep aside.Chop and keep all the veggies ready.Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic and spring onions white part,fry till its starts browning.
- Then add onions and fry till golden brown then add carrots, beans and cabbage and saute till they shrink and raw smell leaves. Add capsicum saute with the veggies for 2mins.
- Then add soya sauce – and saute in high flame for 2mins stirring continuously. Keep in sim and then add green chilli sauce, pepper powder,ajino motto(if you are using)and required salt.Keep stirring continuously for few mins till the veggies are well blended with the sauces.
- Then add the cooked rice and mix well.Finally garnish with spring onions, give a quick stir and switch off.
Let the rice fry for another 3-4 mins . Garnish with spring onions(optional) and switch off.
- Dont skip spring onions as gives a good amount of chinese flavour to the fried rice.
- Chopping the veggies very fine helps in cooking faster. Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also retains its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- I soaked the basmati rice for 15 mins then pressure cooked for 1:1.5 ratio(rice:water) for 4 whistles in medium low flame.
- Make sure to fluff the rice and spread it with little olive oil to make the grains separate.Allow it to rest atleast for 30mins.
- Don’t add more soya sauce than mentioned amount else your fried rice color will be on the darker side also soya sauce will be over powerful.