Uttapam Pizza Dosa Recipe – Yes you heard it right! 🙂 I have tried making cheese onion dosa / oothappam for mittu but never thought of trying it in pizza style…Few weeks back when I was having a conversation with my SIL she suggested me to try this dosa pizza, and voila here is the post.Thank you Priya for the great idea!Most kids will love pizza so make this dosa pizza and treat your kids, just requires dosa batter and available veggies in your pantry.This is a kid friendly recipe, you can even make the pizza dosas small small to make it look even more cute and appealing for the kids to get attracted.This can be great for breakfast or even as a after school snack, easy to make no oven required.Check here for video recipe
Pizza Dosa Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Dosa Batter – 1/2 cup(2 laddles)
Onion – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum – 1 tbsp finely chopped in each color
Carrot – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Grated Cheese – 2 tbsp
Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce – for side
- Chop the veggies finely, Grate the cheese and keep it ready.Take your dosa batter, it should not very very thick add water accordingly.Heat the dosa pan, take a laddle full of dosa batter add it to the dosa pan now take another laddle full and add it on top, do not spread…let it spread by itself.Cook in low medium flame.
- Now add the chopped vegetables on top of the batter.Drizzle oil on the sides.Let it cook for a few seconds till the top gets half cooked.Now sprinkle cheese, cook covered for a minute.
- Open and see, the cheese is all melted and the vegetables are nicely blended and cooked.Carefully remove it from the pan.Sprinkle oregano, pepper powder and transfer to serving plate.
Use pizza cutter to cut into wedges and enjoy it hot.
- I have not added any sauce to the dosa as it will stick to the dosa batter on top and make the pizza dosa soggy.Instead I served it with tomato sauce.May be you can drizzle pizza sauce or tomato sauce on top of the pizza dosa while serving.
- You can even make small mini sized pizza dosa while serving it to kids. I just made it for hubby so made one big sized.
- The dosa batter should be not very thick then the base will become very hard.
- We need a thick base so I poured 2 full laddles of dosa batter, dont spread it let it spread by itself as we need a nicely thick base.Also cook in low medium flame so that the base doesn’t get burnt.If you cook in high flame then the bottom will cook faster and the inside and top will be goey with the dosa batter leaving the dosa half cooked.
- I used only salad vegetables like onion,capsicum and carrot so used them raw.If you want to add other vegetables like potato, peas, corn , mushroom then precook it before adding.
- Fine chop the vegetables so that it gets cooked faster.I skipped tomatoes you can add it too.
- Add chopped vegetables soon after you make the dosa as we need the vegetables to stick to the dosa.Add grated cheese only after the top of the dosa is half cooked.
- I used my cast iron dosa pan, you can even use nonstick dosa pan.
- The base will slightly crisp at the edges and soft inside.
- Be creative and use your own topping idea, I have just given the suggestion. 🙂