I am sure everyone is enjoying the holidays. We enjoyed christmas too with cakes and sweets from neighbours and having a elaborate meal today for lunch. I wanted to make papdis at home though have seen readymade ones at Nilgiris......I made these papdi having in mind few chats too so the chats are on its way, keep watching.
1. Add flour, ghee, ajwain and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well, then add water little by little and mak a stiff dough. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes. Knead again to form a smooth dough.
2. Roll using chapathi roller to a thin sheet. Then cut small circles using a lid cover. Then prick holes with fork to avoid puffing up while frying.
3. Heat required oil and then add in batches of 5-6 and deep fry until light golden on both sides. Drain in a tissue , cool down and then store in airtight container.
These papdis can be used for a variety of chats. I made them a day in advance and made 3 chats and enjoyed. Hubby liked the papdis as such so had to preserve it from him ;) These are quite addictive to have it as such too.
- Dont forget to prick holes with a fork , else the papdis will puff up.
- Adding ajwain gives a nice falvour to the papdis. Keeps well for 4-5 days when stored in airtight container.