Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Yummy homemade pav bhaji is ready in minutes. Once ur veggies are boiled and kept ready pav bhaji can be done in a jiffy. Whenever its chat outside I go blindly with either pav bhaji or dahi puri, they are my fav anytime and in my case the craving never ends for chat atleast when it comes to pav bhaji and dahi puri.
Pav Bhaji Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Pav buns – 2
Potatoes – 2 chopped roughly
Beans – 8 chopped roughly
Carrot – 2 chopped roughly
Tomatoes – 2 chopped finely
Peas – 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Pav bhaji masala powder – 1 tbsp
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Cooking oil – 1 tsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Onions – 1 chopped finely
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp for garnish
Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- Chop the veggies roughly. Pressure cook all the veggies till soft(say 4-5 whistles).Drain water and reserve the stock.Then mash it well with a laddle. Set aside.
- Heat oil and 1 butter in a pan, saute the onion(reserve some for garnishing too), add ginger garlic paste and fry till slightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and saute till mushy and raw smell leaves. Now add capsicum and saute for 2mins.Add turmeric and red chilli powder,required salt and mix.
- Then add the mashed veggies and combine.Add pav bhaji masala powder and mix well. Now add the reserved stock water.
- Allow it to boil(adjust salt at this stage) and let it cook in sim till it becomes slightly thick. Add lemon juice and coriander leaves and switch off.Toast the buns with remaining 1tbsp butter. Serve the toasted pav buns with bhaji . Garnish onions and sprinkle few drops of lemon. Always serve hot!
Serve with any parathas or variety rice.
- You can also veggies like beans and cauliflower.
- If you dont get pav buns, go ahead with normal milk buns or butter buns.
- Chopped tomatoes can be added too. Dont skip chopped raw onions and coriander leaves while serving.
- The bhaji goes well with toasted bread too.
- Dont skip butter as its the main ingredients which makes this chat tastier.