Makhana Chaat is a quick easy snack to make and relished by everyone. Makhana Chaat is made by ghee roasting phool makhana then assembled together with curd and chaat chutneys, sev etc.
This is a simple dahi makhana chaat – ghee roasted makhana in a curd base with all the chaat chutneys,spice powders it tastes so yum.Do try this and enjoy!
About Makhana Chaat
We were all craving for chaat and thats when I wanted to try this makhana dahi chaat , it came out above my expectation and yes it very well did satisfy our cravings.Amma is not fond of chaats but when its homemade she asks for extra helping so yayy 🙂 Hubby and kids love any curd based chaats so it was a win win for me.
More makhana recipes
If you have any more questions about this Makhana Chaat Recipe do mail me at [email protected] In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Makhana Chaat Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- 1.5 cups makhana
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 cup curd
- 2 tbsp sugar
- green chutney as needed
- sweet chutney as needed
- red chilli powder
- chat masala powder
- roasted jeera powder
- raw onion
- coriander leaves for garnish
- To a mixing bowl add curd, sugar whisk well until smooth. Add roasted makhana to it.
- Mix well. To the serving bowl: add curd makhana to it.
- Sprinkle jeera powder, red chilli powder, chat masala powder on top, Add raw onion, coriander leaves and finally garnish with sev.
- Serve Makhana Chaat immediately!
- If you are serving later then add makhana only while serving.
- You can make the chaats in batches while serving too.
- I have not added measurements for chutneys and spice powders as it can be as per your liking and taste.
How to make Makhana Chaat
- Heat ghee in a pan – add makhana and roast in low medium flame until crisp.Do not burn it so roast in low medium flame only.
- Press and break for checking, if its crisp then it will break easily.Switch off and take the pan out from the flame.
- To a mixing bowl add curd, sugar whisk well until smooth.Add roasted makhana to it.
- Mix well.To the serving bowl:add curd makhana to it.
- Sprinkle jeera powder,red chilli powder,chat masala powder on top, Add raw onion,coriander leaves and finally garnish with sev.
- Serve immediately!
Yummy makhana chaat ready!
Leave a Reply