Chilli Paneer is a indo chinese starter which is really very easy to prepare at home.Actually soups and starters are out of my menu, I start with the dishes right away. So the first time I tasted chilli paneer was very recently only, and the one served in the restaurant was more like gobi 65 and they called it chilli paneer. So I browsed to find the exact recipe and after few googling I came up with this recipe.
1. Make a thick batter of the ingredients under 'to marinade' and add paneer to it and coat it well.
2. Then toast the coated paneer in dosa tawa until golden brown. (You can deep fry them too).Drain it in a tissue and set aside. Get all the ingredients ready.Heat oil in a pan, add chopped green chillies,onion and garlic. Then saute till slightly browned.
3.Then add capsicum and fry for a minute. Then add soya sauce, tomato sauce , chilli sauce and pepper powder.Mix well until the veggies are coated evenly.Make it to a semi saucy consistency.
4.Then add the toasted paneer and give a quick stir. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and switch off.Serve as a accompaniment with fried rice or just as a starter and am sure you will make this often.The fusion of indo chinese sauces with the flavour of coriander leaves tastes juts out of the world. I served it with egg fried rice and hubby totally loved the combination.
My Notes :
- You can even adding the remaining cornflour maida marinade batter but it tends to stick so I avoid it.
- You can make a more saucy version too, I have given the semi dry version of chilli paneer.
- I toasted the paneer in a non stick tawa, you can deep fry in oil too.