Pista Ice/ Pista Kuchi Ice as we call it during our school days is my favorite next to Rose milk Ice. I wanted to post it after rose milk ice but somehow it got missed so this time when I saw this essence at Nilgiris, I atonce picked it up and made it the next day and enjoyed it.
I wanted to recreate the pista ice that I had yrs back and this came close to it.
Pista Ice Popsicle Recipe
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Milk – 3 cups
Pista Essence – few drops
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Pistachios – around 20
- Boil milk and simmer for 5mins until milk is reduced a little.Then cool down completely and add sugar.
- Add pista essence and mix well.
- Mix well,Set aside.Now take pistachios in a mixer and grind it to a coarse mixture.
- Add pista powder to milk and mix well.Whisk it well.Pour the mixture into popsicle moulds or any teacups till 3/4th of the rim.
- Cling wrap it with aluminum foil,Carefully prick with a knife then insert icecream sticks.Alternately you can even close it with your popsicle mould lid itself.Freeze it for atleast 8 hrs.Then take it out and carefully show the outer surface under running tap water.Carefully pull out the popsicles.
- Dont have a popsicle mould?! dont worry use disposable plastic cups or even thick paper cups cling wrap aluminium foil and us icecream sticks and freeze it.It demoulds easily or you can even cut the cups to get the popsicles out.
- Adding pista powder is optional.
- I added Pista Elachi essence Bakers brand.
- Freezing for atleast 6 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
- For easy demoulding – show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.