You know?! My sil gifted this bowl 2 yrs back and I so love it 🙂 Thank you Priya for the beautiful brown bowl!! :))
Corn Capsicum Gravy – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Sweet Corn – 1 cup(boiled)
Capsicum – 1/2 cup chopped (I used colored)
Big Onion – 1/4 cup chopped finely
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Fresh Cream – 3 tbsp
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp
Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt- to taste
To roast and grind:
Big Onion – 1 medium sized chopped lengthwise
Tomato -2 medium sized chopped roughly
Garlic – 5 small pearls
- Take a kadai add a tsp of oil and saute onions till transparent,then add tomatoes and garlic saute till raw smell leaves and tomatoes turn mushy.Cool down.
- Transfer to a mixer jar and grind to a smooth paste.Pressure cook corn for 3-4 whistles and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add onion,ginger garlic paste saute till onions turn transparent then add onion tomato paste.
- Add red chilli,coriander and garam masala powders,give a quick mix and keep cooking for few mins till it becomes thick.Add required salt.Now get ready with chopped capsicum.
- In a seperate pan add little oil and roast capsicum for 5mins,Set aside.Then add 1/2 cup water and let the gravy boil for few mins.Then add fresh cream.
- Let the gravy boil in low flame for 2mins.Add tomato sauce boiled sweet corn.
- Then capsicum, let the gravy boil for few mins.Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and kasoori methi.After it gets cooled, add lemon juice and serve.
- This is medium spicy with the measurement I have given. You can adjust according to your taste buds.
- Adding cream gives a creamy and rich restaurant flavour.I used homemade fresh cream.
- The consistency should be flowing and creamy.
- Toasting capsicum and adding at the final stage gives a nice crunch as in restaurants.
- I used homemade fresh cream.