Wheat flour muffins using jaggery as sweetner and without eggs.Let us learn Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Muffins with step by step pictures.
I was planning to upgrade to a bigger oven this summer and thats when coincidentally got an email from Maharaja Whiteline(Groupe SEB India) to review their newly launched OTG and I accepted the offer after a series of mail conversations.I got Marvello 35 ltr oven last weekend, have already baked a cookie and this muffin and am loving it..so far so good.
I had already tried this muffins long back don’t know what I missed…it was a disaster and after that didn’t have the courage to try it again.Now that I have my new oven, I tried it again and this time it came out perfect.The muffins were super hit with everyone at home including mittu.
Groupe SEB India expands its Product Line with the launch of an all new Maharaja Whileline OTG – Oven Toaster Griller Range – Marvello series.
It ensures a delightful and easy cooking experience while dishing out delicious cakes, cookies, muffins, freshly toasted breads, lip smacking kebabs, grilled chicken wings,tikkas and the list goes on.
Some key features of the Marvello OTG Range:
- Stylish looks with premium Black and Silver color scheme which makes it look attractive.
- Usually the convection heating option is present only for higher capacity models but in Marvello even the lower capacity model has it which is a additional feature.
- Convection Heating ensures even cooking.
- It has more number of accessories as compared to other brands which gives wide options to bake and grill.
- It has 120 mins timer with auto shut off for safe,energy efficient usage and unattended cooking.
- 3 models to choose from depending upon the requirements.
Tried this Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Muffins Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 tbsp to dust the dry fruits
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup tutti frutti
- 1/2 cup jaggery powdered and tightly packed
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup milk boiled and cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/8 cup water
- In a mixing bowl – add jaggery, milk and oil.
- Then add water and vanilla essence. Whisk it well, now strain and set aside.
- Add a tbsp of flour to tutti frutti, mix it and keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, take wheat flour along with baking powder and baking soda. Whisk it well. Now add this to the liquid mix.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Whisk it well without any lumps. Now add tutti frutti (reserve 2 tsp alone) and mix with a spatula. The batter will be thickish like idli batter consistency to scoop out and not in pourable consistency.
- I used my ice cream scooper to scoop out the batter to get even sized muffins. Take any mould of your choice. I used my muffin pan that I bought recently. Spoon the batter and pour till 3/4th of the mould sprinkle tutti frutti.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Take the muffins and cool down in wire rack.
- Serve Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Muffins as a snack!
Timing depends on the pan you use and the oven type too.
You can even bake this cake in a cake mould and bake for 30-35mins or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
I got 8 muffins for the above measures in the ingredients list.The 4 choco chip muffins are from another 1/2 cup flour which I baked for mittus sake.
The cake rises well so don’t fill more than 3/4th else it will overflow while baking.
I used jaggery which was tightly packed 1/2 cup so the sweetness was apt for us.Don’t reduce.
If you are adding the batter directly in the pan grease it well then add it.
Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Muffins Recipe Step by Step
- In a mixing bowl – add jaggery,milk and oil.
- Then add water and vanilla essence.
- Whisk it well, now strain and set aside.Add a tbsp of flour to tutti frutti, mix it and keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, take wheat flour along with baking powder and baking soda.Whisk it well.Now add this to the liquid mix.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Whisk it well without any lumps.Now add tutti frutti(reserve 2 tsp alone) and mix with a spatula.The batter will be thickish like idli batter consistency to scoop out and not in pourable consistency.
- I used my icecream scooper to scoop out the batter to get even sized muffins.Take any mould of your choice.I used my muffin pan that I bought recently.Spoon the batter and pour till 3/4th of the mould sprinkle tutti frutti.Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.Take the muffins and cool down in wirerack.
Serve as a snack!
- We mix tutti frutti with a tsp of flour to avoid tuttifrutti sinking to the bottom.
- Timing depends on the pan you use and the oven type too.
- You can even bake this cake in a cake mould and bake for 30-35mins or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- I got 8 muffins for the above measures in the ingredients list.The 4 choco chip muffins are from another 1/2 cup flour which I baked for mittus sake.
- The cake rises well so don’t fill more than 3/4th else it will overflow while baking.
- I used jaggery which was tightly packed 1/2 cup so the sweetness was apt for us.Don’t reduce.
- If you are adding the batter directly in the pan grease it well then add it.
My little one loves cakes but i was searching for a recipe in which I could substitute sugar…Your post comes just at the right time/ Going to try it soon . Thank you
can we use white sugar in place of jaggery?
Yes you can try…
I tried it today. Came out well. Taste is good. But as u said I am unable to take it with scooping spoon. With spoon I filled the baking mold.
all the ingredients are easily available at home…sure kids can enjoy whole grain muffin n that too with jaggery….also do u have any recipe of this kind with egg as my toddler dont eat eggs …..
Will try and post it
Traditionally Modern Food
Healthy and tasty muffins..looks grt
Hi sharmi can we try this in normal Microwave
Yes if it has convection mode
hi thanks for the recipe.i ll surely try.can i skip tuttifruity as i dont have it now.and please help me to buy a muffin tray.how to choose?just according to my oven size alone or acc to the the depth of cups,small or medium sized.please help.
Measure your lXbXh and then choose ur muffin pan accordingly
Hello! Can we use karumbu sakkarai (cane sugar ) instead of jaggery?
Yes you can try
Hi, I tried this over the weekend and it came out very tasty and soft. My little one loved it and had my friends asking for more ! Thanks for sharing such a healthy recipe. Can jaggery be a substitute for all the cakes that has sugar?
Not really sure
Thanks for the recipe.Tried these just now. They have a very mild sweetness but very goood.
Nice healthy recipe. So attractive & colourful. I'll make it soon. Thank you for the new invention of healthy version.
Hi, tried this recipe and came out well, can I try the same with maida and sugar instead of atta and jaggery?
Yes you can
Came out very well.i replaced jaggery with brown sugar and used cherries.Thanks for giving a healthy sbnack recipe.
I tried this and it came out really well.thsns a lot for the recipie.please post more such whole wheat muffin recipes.
Hi.. Can i make it on gas??
You can try in pressure cooker but havent tried it myself
Thanks for posting such wonderful receipe avoiding maida and sugar and that too without egg. Can we steam it in cooker? Instead of Baking soda can i use eno?
Not sure of replacement….Pressure cooker you can try
Tried it. Turned out very nice. Thx for the recipe
Easy to follow, thanks…I tried it, came out well, but took an hour as I put it in cake mould.so the top layer alone got hard. What temp is to be set for baking.u have mentioned temp for pre heating only
Baking temp is the same temperature as preheating
1cup jaggery is equal to how many grams..and wheat flour also..
Hi can we replace oil with butter..if so measurements please?
Try with same measure
How long does it stay good?
2 to 3 days in room temperature
Cake came out hard after got cool down. What could be the reason ? Taste was good.
Really not sure….did you use microwave for baking?
Hei Can i use jaggery powder , or use only the one you have used .
you can use jaggery powder
Your receipe is really awesome. I tried it this weekend ..it came out almost perfect at the first attempt ( this is my first baking attempt) please help me I need some help tips in this receipe:
1. Although I baked at 15-16 min at 180 deg in a preheated otg(Morphy Richards) the inside of cupcake seems a little uncooked when I trsted it with toothpick it doesn’t stick although how can I adjust the interior???
Always try to insert the toothpick in the center of cake/cupcake to check this way you can be assured its cooked well
Hi can we add Coco powder in these mufiins to make them chocolate muffins
yes you can add around 3 tbsp coco powder
Loved it completely… Can I replace the whole wheat flour with Jowar flour for my mil? Or can you post some recipes with bajra n Jowar flour…? Cookies n muffins! She’s also diabetic 🙈
you can try half and half of any millet flour and wheat flour
I have tried this recipe several times. Be it regular vanilla or chocolate flavored muffins, or a marble cake. It has never disappointed me & everyone loves it. 😍 No one believes it when I say it is made of whole wheat & jaggery! 🤭 The texture, the softness & color is just perfect. Thank you so much. 😊💛
Tried this today,came out very soft and fluffy. Loved it. Thanks for the recepie