Don’t have any fancy sauces at home then this fried rice is apt for you to try.
Sidedish Recipes which pairs well with fried rice :
- Gobi Manchurian
- Baby Corn Manchurian, Baby Corn Manchurin Gravy
- Chilli Paneer
- Veg Balls Manchurian
- Mushroom Manchurian
Sweet Corn Fried Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1/2 cup
Carrot – 2 small finely chopped
Cabbage – 1/4 cup chopped finely chopped
Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1/2 tsp finely minced
Capsicum – 1/4 cup chopped finely
Soya sauce – 1/8 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Soak basmati rice for 30mins then pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame in the ratio 1(rice):1.5(water) cups.Spread it in a plate and fluff it up with a fork add a tsp of oil and let it cool down.In a pan heat oil – add garlic, green chillies,garlic – saute for a minute till it turns slightly browned.Then Then add carrot and cabbage in medium high flame, fry till the veggies shrink and raw smell leaves.
- Then add capsicum and saute for a minute then add sweet corn along with pepper powder and required salt.Stir well in medium high flame.
- Add cooked rice and give a quick stir.Then add sugar and give a quick stir.Switch off.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- You can even add spring onions.
- You can also add 2 tbsp onion while sauteing the veggies.
- If you prefer add 1/4 tsp soya sauce.
- Use freshly ground pepper for a great flavour.
- Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also retains its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- I soaked basmati rice for 30 mins then pressure cooked for 1:1.5 ratio(rice:water) for 3 whistles in medium low flame.
- Make sure to fluff the rice and spread it with little olive oil to make the grains separate.Allow it to rest atleast for 30mins.