Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Don’t have any fancy sauces at home then this fried rice is apt for you to try.
Sidedish Recipes which pairs well with fried rice :
- Gobi Manchurian
- Baby Corn Manchurian, Baby Corn Manchurin Gravy
- Chilli Paneer
- Veg Balls Manchurian
- Mushroom Manchurian
Sweet Corn Fried Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1/2 cup
Carrot – 2 small finely chopped
Cabbage – 1/4 cup chopped finely chopped
Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1/2 tsp finely minced
Capsicum – 1/4 cup chopped finely
Soya sauce – 1/8 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Soak basmati rice for 30mins then pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame in the ratio 1(rice):1.5(water) cups.Spread it in a plate and fluff it up with a fork add a tsp of oil and let it cool down.In a pan heat oil – add garlic, green chillies,garlic – saute for a minute till it turns slightly browned.Then Then add carrot and cabbage in medium high flame, fry till the veggies shrink and raw smell leaves.
- Then add capsicum and saute for a minute then add sweet corn along with pepper powder and required salt.Stir well in medium high flame.
- Add cooked rice and give a quick stir.Then add sugar and give a quick stir.Switch off.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- You can even add spring onions.
- You can also add 2 tbsp onion while sauteing the veggies.
- If you prefer add 1/4 tsp soya sauce.
- Use freshly ground pepper for a great flavour.
- Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also retains its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- I soaked basmati rice for 30 mins then pressure cooked for 1:1.5 ratio(rice:water) for 3 whistles in medium low flame.
- Make sure to fluff the rice and spread it with little olive oil to make the grains separate.Allow it to rest atleast for 30mins.