Butter Corn is a tasty sweet snack made by tossing sweet corn kernels with butter, salt & flavours. Butter Corn is an instant & healthy snack that could be made in minutes. Butter Corn Recipe is presented in this post with step by step pictures.
Butter Corn- Is there anyone who can say no to it?! Mittu prefers mild flavour than the masala cup corn…., she always demands her dad to get it whenever we visit Nilgiris or Brookfields mall 🙂 Yes these days it has become a habit that wherever she sees it, she wants it. And she will ask for it even in local theaters where cup corn is not in the menu….thats when I started making it on my own.I have been making this at home for the past 2 yrs now I pack it up when we are going to films and surprise her when she gets bored .
There is nothing fancy about the recipe, its very easy with the available ingredients in your pantry…you can make them for your kids.You can find more sweet corn recipes here.
There are only rare times when I get 100% satisfaction with my clicks….as I always have a feeling I could have clicked or styled better. But yes this time I experimented with a different lighting and am completely satisfied with my clicks…Yayyy!!!
Tried this Butter Corn Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
- Pressure cook corn cobs for 4-5 whistles or boil in water until soft. You can use frozen corn too in that case just 2-3 whistles is enough.
- Seperate the kernels from the cob - I used my corn peeler which does my work easier.
- Then in a mixing bowl add all the ingredients listed along with corn and mix well.
- Give a quick stir and serve immediately.
- Serve Butter Corn hot / warm. You can even microwave it before serving.
- You can add mixed herbs if you want or plus or minus the spice as per your liking.
- Butter corn is usually mild and low in spices.
- You can also add a pinch of red chilli powder for extra spice.
- You can use frozen corn too.
- I prefer a mild spicy version , if you prefer more spice level then you can add roasted jeera powder along with red chilli powder.
Butter Corn Recipe Step by Step
- Pressure cook corn cobs for 4-5 whistles or boil in water until soft.You can use frozen corn too in that case just 2-3 whistles is enough. Seperate the kernels from the cob – I used my corn peeler which does my work easier.Then in a mixing bowl add all the ingredients listed along with corn and mix well.Give a quick stir and serve immediately.
Serve it hot / warm. You can even microwave it before serving.
Tasty butter cup corn ready! Enjoy!!