Mayo Sandwich Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Bread – 6 slices
Cabbage – 1/4 grated
Carrot – 1/4 cup grated
Capsicum – 1/4 cup chopped
Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 1 heaped tsp
Salt – to taste
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Grate cabbage and carrot, chop capsicum into small cubes and get them ready.Transfer them to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add all the spice powders along with salt,tomato sauce and lemon juice.
- Whisk mayo well until its creamy, then measure 1/2 cup and add it to the vegetables.Mix well.Check and adjust salt.
- Take a bread slice, spread the mayo veggie mixture generously, close with another slice of bread.Cut into diagonals and serve.If you want you can toast the bread.
- You can use any salad vegetable of your choice.Else use boiled corn ,baby corn etc.
- I wanted to make a healthy sandwich so did not toast them.You can either toast the bread slices then spread mayo else make the sandwich then toast it.
- There can be a lot of variations with the veggies and spice mix.If you want add some chilli flakes and just oregano.
- I used homemade mayonnaise, you can use store bought ones too.
- If your homemade mayo has salt, then adjust while adding the veggies.
- Serve immediately else it will become soggy.