I made chana masala for dinner last night and had little leftover and also had 3 slices of bread left untouched by anyone so what else does a food blogger need?! I made this sandwich just few mins back….It was totally an unplanned click, just grabbed the props which was already there on the table and clicked it right away and yes now I am here with this post…Oh yeah I am preparing myself to involve in some unplanned activities too 😉
Check out other sandwich recipes that I’ve posted so far:
Grilled Chana Masala Sandwich Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 4 slices
Chana Masala V1 – 1/2 cup
Big Onion – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Chat Masala powder – as required
Butter – to toast
Other related recipes:
- Take leftover chana masala and heat it up until it becomes thick,Set aside and cool down.Take bread slices, spread a generous spoon of chana masala on one side of the bread slice.
- Add chopped onion, sprinkle chat masala powder and coriander leaves.
- Close with another bread slice.Apply butter generously on the bread slice.When the sandwich maker is preheated and ready, brush butter.
- Carefully transfer the bread to the sandwich maker, cook for 3-4 mins or until the bread slices have nice golden grill marks and is crisp.Cut and serve.
- If you don’t have sandwich maker then just apply butter on both sides and toast it till golden in a dosa tawa.
- If the chana masala is more of gravy kind then the sandwich will become soggy while its geting cooked, so make sure the stuffing is thick.
- You can add a tbsp of grated cheese along with onion.
- I always apply butter on the top bread slice and grease the sandwich maker so that butter is there for toasting the bottom bread.
- This sandwich has to be served immediately else it will become soggy.