Chocolate Sandwich is a delicious sweet sandwich made by toasting bread stuffed with grated cooking dark chocolate. Chocolate Sandwich is a right choice for kids parties and get together. How to make Chocolate Sandwich is explained in this post with step by step pictures & video.
Chocolate Sandwich is a quick sandwich using dark chocolate. This chocolate sandwich can be had as a desert or snack or even had as an breakfast option as kids will love it anytime.
About Chocolate Sandwich
Chocolate Sandwich can be made using dark chocolate or milk chocolate or even semi sweet chocolate as per your taste and preference. The taste varies according to the type of chocolate used. Anyways chocolate can’t go wrong so do try and enjoy!
I have tasted a chocolate sandwich that uses chocolate syrup or sauce but I liked this one more as it has real chocolate chunks. This Chocolate Sandwich is crisp and sweet perfect to enjoy as a snack.
Kids will love these sandwiches and am sure even grown ups will be tempted to have it. This Chocolate Sandwich is perfect for any chocolate lovers.
Other sandwich recipes here
Chocolate Sandwich Ingredients
- Bread : Choose white bread or wheat bread as per your choice. But I prefer milk white bread for this sandwich for a slightly sweet taste.
- Chocolate : You can use any cooking chocolate be it dark or milk or even semi sweet. If you can’t source out cooking chocolate you can use any milk chocolate like dairy milk etc.
- Butter : Butter is used here to give a sandwich a slight moist/ grease while the chocolate filling is melting else it will be very dry.
If you have any more questions about this chocolate sandwich do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this chocolate sandwich recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- Chop dark chocolate and set aside.
- Butter the slices on one side, just a thin layer would do. We are buttering the slice just the chocolate to stick.
- Add 2 tbsp chocolate shavings on one buttered slice. Seal with another with buttered side down. Prepare another sandwich likewise.
- Heat dosa tawa, spread butter place the sandwich, press slightly.
- Spread butter on top , flip over toast until golden brown on both sides. Cut diagonally and serve Chocolate Sandwich hot!
How to make Chocolate Sandwich
1.Chop dark chocolate and set aside.
2..Butter the slices on one side, just a thin layer would do.We are buttering the slice just the chocolate to stick and to give moist grease to the sandwich.
3.Butter only one side on both the slices.
4.Add 2 tbsp chocolate shavings on one buttered slice.
5.Seal with another with buttered side down.Prepare another sandwich likewise.Slight press it.
6.Heat dosa tawa, spread butter.
7.place the sandwich,press slightly.
8.Spread butter on top.
9. Flip over toast until golden brown on both sides.
10.Remove when golden on both the sides and is crisp.
11.Cut diagonally and serve hot!
Enjoy Chocolate Sandwich
- You can add cheese along with chocolate or nuts, dry fruits or even banana.
- It is purely your preference to add other dry fruits and nuts along with chocolate.
- You can even use a griller to toast it or use dosa tawa itelf
- I used my dosa tawa to grill it.
- You can use sandwich bread or regular bread itself like I did.
- Use good quality cooking chocolate.
- There are so many variations to this simple recipe like
- you can add nuts / dry fruits
- You can add chocolate syrup
- You can add banana along with chopped chocolate and the variations are endless.
- Or even cream cheese
- You can serve it as such or with fruits and milk
- Serve it as a snack or desert
The kids will love this and it’s so easy to make. Thank you for the nice recipe!