Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Masala Idiyappam Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Kerala
Idiyappam – 1 cup
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Tomato -1 roughly chopped
Mint Leaves – 10
Turmeric powder – a small pinch
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – 1/4 inch piece
Cloves – 2
Curry leaves – a sprig
- Cook idiyappam and let it cool for sometime.Crumble it so that it is separated,Set aside.Heat oil in a kadai – add the items listed under ‘to temper’,let it splutter.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, onions and saute for 2mins then add tomatoes,mint leaves and saute till raw smell leaves.Then add turmeric powder,red chilli powder, garam masala powders and required salt.
- Once its well blended add idiyappam and mix well.Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
- Adding spice powders is purely your choice. If you dont want whole spices flavour then temper mustard, jeera and add sambar powder which will give a different flavour.
- Mint leaves gives a nice twist to this masala idiyappam so dont skip it.
- Idiyappam dries up fast so serve immediately or within an hour after cooking.