This is perfect to gift for this christmas season.
Chocolate Glaze Cookies – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Cookies | Recipe Cuisine: South World Reference : PJ
Maida – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Cooking Oil – 1/3 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
Icing Sugar – 1/4 cup
Coco powder – 1 tbsp
Color Sprinklers – as needed
- Measure flour and add it to mixing bowl..Add powdered sugar and baking soda.
- Measure cocoa powder and add it to the mixing bowl.Whisk it well.
- Then add cooking oil and milk.
- Mix well to form a smooth dough.Do not knead it, just bring it together with your finger tips.You can pinch small balls slightly flatten else roll out to 1/8 inch thickness and cut using cookie cutter.I used my circle and square cutters.Lay butter paper or baking sheet on the baking tray.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.Cool down completely.
- Take icing sugar,coco powder in a pan, add water.
- Heat it up and keep mixing till a runny sauce consistency is reached.Cool down.Then dip each cookie in the glaze.
- Like this and place it in butter paper.Else spoon the glaze and pour over each cookie.Sprinkle color sprinklers.Let it to dry.
Keeps well for about 2 weeks in room temperature itself!
- The cookies spread out slightly while baking so leave enough space between each cookie.
- You can even bake these as simply chocolate cookies without glaze in that case, add 3/4 cup sugar.I reduced sugar because of the glaze.
- The cookies will not be smooth on top.
- My cookie cutters are very small so got around 25 cookies.
- I used Weikfield coco powder for the cookies and Hersheys for the glaze.No reason in specific just that I had exactly 1/4 up weikfield coco powder which I wanted to empty.
- No need to refrigerate the dough, it will be moist only.
- The cookies are crisp.
- Do not be tempted to overbake just 10-12mins will be just fine.It will be soft when taken out of the oven after cooling it will be crisp.