Sukha Bhel is a popular mumbai road side street food…It is nothing but dry bhel.When I made the chaat chutneys last time, I made sure to treat my family with a an array of chaat items, and this one was to finish to the leftovers 🙂 I got pori(puffed rice) for making pori urundai for mittus snack box(shared in instagram) and I had bhel in mind too.This time I tried baked papdi and used it for this sukha bhel, will be sharing the papdi recipe soon. This sukha bhel chaat is very easy to make, healthy as well as we are adding most ingredients raw…so make this and satisfy your cravings for a chaat instantly.
Sukha Bhel Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Puffed rice(Pori) – 1 heaped cup
Plain Sev – 1tbsp + 1 tbsp
Papdi – 4 roughly broken
Chana Dal – 1 tbsp
Raw Peanuts – 1 tbsp
Raw Onion – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Tomato – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Raw Mango – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Boiled potato – 1/4 cup cubed
Green chutney – as needed
Sweet chutney – as needed
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Chat masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – as needed
- Deep fry chana dal till golden, fry peanuts till crispy drain in tissue and set aside.Now gather all your ingredients along with green and sweet chutney.
- Take pori in a mixing bowl, crush the papdis, add potatoes along with spice powders, then add green and sweet chutney.Then add chana dal,peanuts,raw mango pieces,onion,tomato and coriander leaves.
- Give a quick mix.Then add sev and mix well.Squeeze lemon juice(see who is helping me with it ;)).While serving add more sev.
- Plus or minus the ingredients as per your liking.
- Add more sev while serving so that it stays crisp while eating.
- The quantity of chutneys,sev and other garnishes depends purely on ur preference.