Check out egg fried rice and veg fried rice recipes for more variations.
Only hubby knows how crazy I went searching for chopsticks, and finally bought them online yayy!! 🙂
Mushroom Fried Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Mushroom – 1/3 cup tightly packed
Carrot – 2 small finely chopped lengthwise
Cabbage – 1/4 cup finely chopped lengthwise
Spring onions (white part) – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Spring onions (green part) – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Garlic – 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum – 2 tbsp chopped finely lengthwise
Soya sauce – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilli Sauce – 3/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1.5 tsp
Olive Oil / Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Rinse rice, Soak rice for 15mins. Pressure cook it with required water for 3 whistles till rice grain is separated…Add a tsp of olive oil,Fluff it off with a fork, keep aside.Chop and keep all the veggies ready(the ingredients quantity shown below will vary compared to the orginal quantity).Clean mushroom and slice it thin as shown in the pic below.Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic and spring onions white part,fry till its starts browning.
- Then add add carrots, cabbage and saute till they shrink and raw smell leaves. Then add mushroom and saute for few mins till it changes color and gets soft.
- Add capsicum, spring onion saute along with the veggies for 2mins.Then add soya sauce – and saute in high flame for 2mins stirring continuously. Keep in sim and then add green chilli sauce, pepper powder and required salt.Keep stirring continuously for few mins till the veggies are well blended with the sauces.
- Then add required salt, then cooked rice and mix well.Garnish with remaining spring onions.Switch it off.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- Don’t skip spring onions as it gives a good amount of chinese flavour to the fried rice.
- Use freshly ground pepper for a great flavour.
- Mushroom cooks faster so just saute them for few mins thats enough.Dont overcook.
- Chopping the veggies very fine helps in cooking faster. Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also retains its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- You can even add little chopped beans along with carrot and cabbage.
- I soaked basmati rice for 15 mins then pressure cooked for 1:1.5 ratio(rice:water) for 3 whistles in medium low flame.
- I dont use ajino motto, but if you prefer you can add a pinch of it at the final stage.
- Make sure to fluff the rice and spread it with little olive oil to make the grains separate.Allow it to rest atleast for 30mins.
- Dont add more soya sauce than mentioned amount else your fried rice color will be on the darker side also soya sauce will be over powerful.