Garam Masala Powder Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Homemade | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Coriander seeds – 1/2 cup
Fennel Seeds -1/4 cup
Cumin seeds – 1/8 cup
Cardamom – 4
Cinnamon – 2 inch piece
Cloves – 1 tsp
Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 2
Staranise – 1
Nutmeg – 1 small
Note : I havent used salt here, but if you prefer add it at the final stage give a quick grind and then store.
- Measure and make all the ingredients ready. Dry roast all the ingredients till golden brown or till nice aroma rises.You can also dry roast the ingredients separately, this way we can have control over burning.
- Now separate the cardamom and remove the outer skin, combine with other ingrdients. Cool down completely then grind it to a fine powder, cool down and store in an airtight container.
Homemade podis are always flavourful and good as they are minus the preservatives and it gives a contentment of making it all by urself at home. 🙂
- Make sure you cool down completely after roasting else it will form lumps while grinding.
- You can grind it to a very fine powder or mild corase like what I’v done.
- Amma says slightly corase gives a nice flavour than the very fine one.
- I’v given the cup measures as I dont hve a proper gadget to measure in grams.
- For the above measurement, it yields 1 cup which is 250ml.