Aloo Bhindi Recipe
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Boiled Aloo(Potato) – 1 medium sized
Bhindi(LadiesFinger) – 10
Big Onion – 1 medium sized finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1 medium sized finely chopped
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur Powder – 2 pinches
Coriander leaves – just for garnish
Oil – 1 tbsp(for frying the veggies)
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1.5 tsp
Jeera – 3/4 tsp
- Rinse bhindi well to remove the dirt on the outer skin if any.Wipe off with a tissue paper to remove moisture. Trim both the edges.
- Chop it into bite sized pieces nearly 3/4 inch long.Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of oil, add bhindi and fry it i low flame.
- Fry till it shrinks in size and the stickiness is reduced.Remove from flame and drain in tissue paper.Pressure cook aloo for 3-4 whistles, peel off the skin and Cut into small cubes and fry it in the same pan.I didn’t add any extra oil.
- Collect both the veggies in a plate and set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add jeera let it splutter.Then add onion,ginger garlic paste and fry till onion turns transparent.
- Now add chopped tomato and fry till it mashes up and raw smell leaves.Add red chilli,coriander,jeera and garam masala powders.
- Cook for 2 mins until the spice powders are nicely blended.Now add aloo and bhindi.
- Toss it and cook covered for 3-5mins in low flame, no need to add water.Once it is dry finally add amchur powder and garnish with coriander leaves.Switch off.
Serve hot with roti / rice or any pulao of your choice.
- You can even deep fry both the veggies or use a nonstick pan and tawa fry t as I did.
- Spice powders are needed to lift the flavours of the veggies.
- After you add the veggies give some time for the veggies to absorb the masala so cook covered for few mins.
- Adding amchur powder gives a nice tanginess to this sabzi.
- This dry curry goes well with pulaos / rotis.
- This is not really spicy, so adjust spice level according to your preference.