Kambu Maavu Puttu Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Bajra Flour – 1/2 cup
Water – as needed
Cane Sugar – 1/4 cup
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder – a tiny pinch
Ghee – 2 tsp
Salt -a tiny pinch
- Dry roast the flour until aroma comes,my flour was already roasted so just roasted for a minute and proceeded.Now sprinkle water may 2 tbsp.
- Mix well without any lumps, try to hold the flour tightly with your hands if it holds then this is the right consistency,stop adding water.
- Transfer the flour to a steamer plate and steam for atleast 15-20mins in low medium flame.The color of the flour must have changed by now.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl add cane sugar,cardamom owder,ghee,sugar and salt.Mix well.
Serve hot / warm!
- Mix well with your hands soi that there are no lumps.
- The puttu will be seen dry even after steaming, after adding sugar ,coconut and ghee the puttu will become moist as seen.
- I used a cloth on the steamer plate and spread the flour on it, it gives softer puttu.
- I shaped the puttu using a small cup.
- You can even add sugar or jaggery to the puttu.I used unrefined cane sugar.
- The flour took a little longer to cook, it took 20mins for me.You can see the color and texture change after steaming.