I can never forget the first time I tried this. I saw this recipe at the back of the pasta wrapper but it was a baking recipe. I was about to start baking and the current went off so went ahead with this recipe and now this has been regular in our weekend menu whenever pasta is in stock.I have made a tomato based pasta but still this is hubbys favourite.
- Cook pasta in water until soft yet firm enough to bite. Add a tsp of oil and salt while cooking pasta.
- In a mixing bowl, first mix little milk with cornflour and maida so that there is no lumps , keep aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil, add onions saute until lightly browned then add carrots and saute until it shrinks and raw smell leaves. Then add the milk-maida-cornflour mixture with remaining milk and mix well.
- Add the cheese at this stage and allow it to melt.
- It will start thickening at this stage - Add cooked pasta, required salt, pepper powder,seasoning, chilli flakes. Keep in low flame and cook for 3mins mixing well continuosly. Switch off and serve hot.
- Adding seasoning enhances the flavour if you dont have just ignore that and go ahead with pepper and chilli flakes, it will still taste good.
- Serve immediately as the white sauce thickens faster when kept for a longer time. If it becomes dry, add little more milk, mix and heat it at the time of seving.
- You can include any veggies of your choice.
- Adding cream also makes it more rich and tasty.
The first time I made this, I added cooked peas and carrot and this time only carrots. So adding veggies is totally your choice. You can add sweet corn too. Its easy and messfree as there is no grinding part :)
This is easy for breakfast and am sure kids will like it as the combination of milk, cheese and pasta can never go wrong. So what are you waiting for?! Try it out and see
For the spicy lovers, my version of spicy tomato pasta is coming up soon, so stay tuned.
Written by: SHARMILEE J