Panakarkandu paal recipe or Palm sugar candy milk recipe with step by step photos. Panakarkandu paal is a very soothing drink and also a home remedy for cough and cold.
Last weekend wen we dined at Anandas I felt like having something hot, was browsing the menu card saw this panakarkandu paal and ordered.I eagerly waited to taste it but was so disappointed as it tasted just like pepper turmeric milk and not even a mild flavour of panankalkandu was there so decided to try at home and today is the day 🙂 I loved it so much and wondered how such simple ingredients could yield such a delicious drink.
You can even add a pinch of turmeric powder if you like it.Check my notes for more variations and details. You can even make a blend of these ingredients in bulk and store if you want to have this drink regularly.
Panakarkandu paal recipe
Panakarkandu paal recipe also called as Palm sugar candy milk is a soothing drink to have when we have cold.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp palm sugar candy (panakarkandu)
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
Add palm sugar candy, then add cardamom powder and pepper powder.
Simmer for 5mins in low flame.
Switch off, strain and serve hot.
- If you want more pepper flavour then add more.
- Adjust sweetness according to your preference.
- You can add palm sugar candy powder too.I added it as such, it takes a little time to get dissolved may be 5mins or so.
- I wanted the full flavour of panakarkandu so didn't add much of other ingredients.If you prefer add more pepper powder and even a pinch of turmeric powder too.
How to make Panakarkandu paal recipe:
- Take milk in a sauce pan, boil for 3-5mins.
- Add palm sugar candy, then add cardamom powder and pepper powder.
- Simmer for 5 mins in low flame.
- Switch off, strain and serve hot.
Enjoy hot or warm !