Chaas is a creamy, refreshing drink made by bending curd with spices & herbs and served chilled. Chaas is a great thirst quencher in summer and could be made at home in minutes. Chaas is natural & healthy compared to the carbonated drinks.
Salted chaas is nothing but a simple buttermilk with just salt without much flavouring and one of the most popular drinks during summer.I love to have it in midday after the cooking is over and when I feel tired as its so refreshing and a great thrist quencher.
I have already posted masala chaas so wanted to post this simple version of it we call chaas or salted chaas.The main difference between both is there are more spice flavours in masala chaas which is not there in salted chaas, I love both.
Now lets get on to learn how to make salted chaas recipe with stepwise pictures.
Tried this Chaas Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
Chaas | Salted Chaas
- 1 cup thick chilled curd / yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon roasted jeera powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- In a mixing bowl - add curd. Add jeera powder, salt and black salt.
- Add 1/4 cup water. Temper jeera in few drops of oil.
- Whisk the curd well. Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Add tempered jeera and mix well. Serve Chaas chilled!
Chaas Recipe Step by Step
- In a mixing bowl – add curd.Add jeera powder,salt and black salt.
- Add 1/4 cup water.Temper jeera in few drops of oil.
- Whisk the curd well.Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Add tempered jeera and mix well.Serve chilled!
Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy chilled chaas..yummy!!