Finally the drizzles are here and I'm loving the climate completely hope this continues for the coming days as well......Had a busy week both at work and home.More busy days ahead, so am trying to keep myself prepared for them.
Coming to todays recipe vegetable pulao : This is a easy and filling one pot meal....It just needs raita to finish off the bowl. Only chopping the veggies is time consuming and even for that my chopper comes to the rescue :) If thats ready this pulao can be done in a jiffy.
1. Rinse rice well twice atleast and soak in water for 30mins set aside.In a pressure cooker, Heat a ghee and oil, add bayleaf, gingergarlic paste, onions.Fry for 2-3 minutes.Now add the onion, green chillies , mint leaves and fry for few mins. Then add the chopped veggies.
2. Add garam masala powder, fry for 2mins then drain water from rice and add it. Fry for 2mins and then mix well until combined. Add required salt.
3. Now add exactly 1.5 cups of water and allow it to boil. Close and pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles in medium flame. Open and fluff it with a fork carefully without breaking the rice. Garnish with ghee if required.
The aroma of ghee with vegetables in rice.....hmm yummmmy!! I am not a fan of restaurant pulaos becos most of them have strong flavours of the spices....I like mine to be less flavoured and thats the reason I started trying out pulaos at home :)
- Dont add more mint leaves as the flavour will be strong.
- You can also add other vegetables like potato and cauliflower.