Peas pulao recipe with step by step pictures – Peas pulao or Matar pulao recipe is a quick one pot meal that I am making often these days as mittu is fond of green peas and hubby never complains. Peas pulao is easy to make and flavourful too, you can make peas pulao with fresh green peas or frozen peas too.I always have ginger garlic paste in stock so making this pulao becomes very easy. It is best for packing for lunch or picnics too so lets get on to the making of peas pulao.
Peas Pulao Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Fresh peas – 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Onions – 1 chopped lengthwise
Green chillies – 2
Mint leaves – 1/8 cup(optional)
Water – 1 and 1/2 cups
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Shahi Jeera – 1 tsp
Bay leaf – 1 small
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
Cloves – 2
Star Anise -1 small
- In a pressure cooker : Heat oil, ghee in a pan. Add jeera,cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and star anise. Fry for 2mins.Now add ginger garlic paste and onions and saute till golden brown.
- Then add mint leaves and green chillies saute till it shrinks. Then add peas and give a quick stir.Add required salt.
- Rinse rice well and presoak in water for 15-20mins. Drain water and add the rice, give a quick stir.
- Add water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. Once pressure releases , open and carefully mix the rice and fluff it up.
Serve hot with any gravy of your choice.
- Adding mint leaves gives a nice flavour but its purely optional.
- You can also add a pinch of garam masala powder for extra flavour.
- Soaking rice helps in cooking faster.I always use 1:1.5 rice:water ratio for basmati rice. You can also use your measures.