I happened to receive a cooking manual attachment from my collegue, It has around 300 recipes. And my first try from that manual is this potato in curd gravy. I modified the recipe a little to suit our taste, the curd adds a nice flavour to the potatoes....a definite try for all potato lovers!!
- Baby potatoes(skin peeled and boiled) - 10 to 12 apprx
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Tomato - 1/2 finely chopped
- Jeera, Mustard seeds - 1 tsp each
- Curd - 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Red chilli, Dhania powder - 2 tsp each
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Green chillies - 1 chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1tbsp
- Heat oil. Add the cumin and mustard seeds. When they splutter, add ginger-garlic paste, chillies and curry leaves. Add onion, tomato and fry for 5mins.
- Add turmeric, dhania, red chilli powder and fry for 2 minutes. Let all the masalas mix with onion and tomato. Add curd, required salt and fry for 5 minutes, Stir continuously keeping in low flame.
- Gently prick the potatos with fork to make tiny holes, now add it to the above mixture (This is to make the potatos nicely absorb the gravy). Add little water and stir well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, leave till gravy thickens. Its semi dry gravy so goes well with pulavs/fried rice. If you want more loose gravy then take it a bit before the gravy thickens.