Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Mittu loves gobi 65 and I was skeptical whether she would taste this gobi tikka……So I reserved only few gobis but to my surprise she loved it and asked for more…:)
Tandoori Gobi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Cauliflower – 15 to 20 even sized florets
Curd – 1 cup
Gram(Besan)Flour – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala powder – a pinch
Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
Ajwain – 1/8 tsp
Kasoori Methi – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- 1.Clean cauliflower and cut into small even sized florets.Parboil cauliflower with salt….It should be soft yet crunchy enough to bite,Drain and Set aside. Dry roast besan flour till slightly browned and nice aroma rises, keep aside.
Sprinkle chat masala powder and serve it as a starter or as a snack with green chutney.
- For stove top, you can either deep fry the gobis or opt to shallow fry.
- You can even opt for full grilling but be very careful on the timing as it will burn the veggie easily.
- For tikka style you can use skewers and pin them alternatively with onion and capsicum.
- Keep an eye after 30mins as timing varies from each oven to oven.
- You can directly keep the marinated pieces on the wirerack itself. My gobi pieces were little smaller so they tend to fall inbetween the holes in the wirerack so opted to use silverfoil and yes cleaning is easy too.
- Make sure to turn over inbetween for even baking.
- You can even brush it with oil after getting it out from the oven
- Sprinkle a pinch of chat masala powder while serving for extra zing.
- The more time it marinates,it will absorb the masalas well.