Few days later I tried this sandwich to replicate the canteen sandwich and it came almost closer to it and we loved the taste. And finally I used my new griller sandwich maker after few months of keeping it idle 🙂
Check out other sandwich recipes that I’ve posted so far:
Veg Grilled Sandwich Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 8 slices
Carrot – 1 cup grated
Dried Green Peas – 1/3 cup
Big Onion – 4 tbsp + 4 tsp finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1.5 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Green Chutney – 4 tsp
Tomato Ketchup – 2 tsp
Chat Masala powder – as required
Butter – to toast
Salt – to taste
- Soak dried green peas overnight.Pressure cook for 2 whistles and set aside.In a pan heat oil add jeera, let it crackle add ginger garlic paste and onion fry till slightly browned.
- Then add carrot and saute till it shrinks and raw smell leaves.Now add red chilli and garam masala powder and saute for 3mins.Now add cooked green peas mix well, use a masher to roughly mash it up.
- Now add tomato sauce and toss it, the mixture should be semi dry with a slight moisture in it.Set aside to cool.Now take bread slices.
- Apply green chutney on one side of each bread, spoon a generous mixture of the prepared veggie stuffing.Add chopped raw onion and sprikle chat masala powder.
- Close with another bread.Spread butter on top side of the bread.Brush the sandwich maker with butter so that the bottom side of the bread gets toasted well.
- Place the bread in the sandwich maker and toast for 3 mins or until crispy.Cut into triangles and serve hot!
- You can add any vegetable of your choice.Capsicum,cabbage are few of my suggestions.
- You can either toast in dosa tawa or use sandwich maker.
- I used white bread, you can use wheat or multigrain bread too.
- You can make the green chutney before hand and refrigerate it.
- This sandwich has to be served immediately else it will become soggy.