I saw this White Sauce Sandwich recipe in Tarladalal website and wanted to try it instantly as I loved the idea. With no cheese in it, this comes out so cheesy and is a perfect sandwich for kids.You can make the white sauce well ahead of time and just use it as a spread.
The sandwiches are slightly crispy outside and cheesy inside and I can guarantee heaven in every bite,yes I mean it! 🙂 I usually make white sauce for pasta and haven’t tried any other recipe with it and this idea works great, do try this for yourself and enjoy the sandwiches.
White Sauce Sandwich Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 6 slices
Carrot – 1 small(grated)
Big Onion – 3 tbsp finely chopped
Milk – 1 cup
Maida(All Purpose Flour) – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Oregano – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Mint Leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
Butter – 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- In a pan – heat butter when it starts to melt add onion and fry till slightly golden then add carrots and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Now add maida and give a quick saute then add remaining 1/2 tbsp butter.Now add milk and keep stirring. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes slight thick and creamy.Cook in low flame. Add required salt.
- Once the sauce is thick in spreadable consistency add coriander and mint leaves, then oregano and pepper powder.Give a quick mix and switch off.Set aside to cool.Toast bread with ghee till both the sides turn golden brown.
- Apply the prepared white sauce on one side of a bread and seal it with another bread.Cut into triangles and serve hot.
- Another alternate method is apply the sauce,close with another bread and toast it.
Serve hot ….yummm!!
- You can add any vegetable of your choice.Capsicum,cabbage ,peas are few of my suggestions.
- Oregano and pepper powder gives a great flavour.
- I skipped green chillies and added pepper powder instead.
- You can either toast and make sandwich and use sandwich maker.
- I used white bread, you can use wheat or multigrain bread too.
- I cut each them into small traingles to make serving for kids easier and they will love it too.
- Just toast it till golden brown thats enough.
- Make sure you cool down white sauce before you apply it.
- The white sauce thickens with time so switch it off accordingly.
- I haven’t added cheese, if you want add 2 tbsp of grated cheese after the milk starts thickening.
- After applying the white sauce, serve immediately else the sandwich will become soggy if resting time is given.