Last Updated on October 19, 2021
Oats Raisins Cookies Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Reference: Seduce Your Tastebuds
Oats – 3/4 cup(I used quaker oats)
Wheat Flour – 1/4 cup
Unsalted Butter – 1.5 tbsp
Milk – 2 tbsp
Demerara Sugar – 1/4 cup
Tutti Frutti + Golden Raisins – 1/3 cup
Vanilla Essense – 1/4 tsp
- Take demerera sugar in a mixer and powder it, Set aside.In a bowl add oats,wheat flour,tutti frutti,sugar,butter and vanilla essence.
- Get all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well first then add milk.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Mix well, it will be sticky at this stage but will hold together.Now take a tbsp of dough make a small balls out of it.
- Then press and flatten the balls.Line a butter paper or aluminum foil and arrange the cookies
- Bake the cookies at 180 deg C for 15-20mins until the edges are golden brown flipping the cookies to other side after first 10mins.Once done, cool down on wirerack.Then transfer to airtight container.
Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.
- If the dough doesnt hold together then sprinkle an extra tsp of milk.
- If you want chewy cookies then 15mins will be fine. I wanted them crispy so baked for an extra 5mins.The cookies are slightly crispy and crunchy .
- If you dont have demerara sugar use normal white sugar.You can even add the sugar as such as in the orginal recipe.
- I used golden color raisin, you can use any type of your choice.Raisin bubbles up while baking but comes back to normal once the cookies are baked.
- The timing depends on the cookie size and thickness.If you are making a slighter thicker cookie then it might take atleast 30mins to get baked fully, so adjust the timing accordingly.
- You can even make with raisins alone.