Vanilla Extract at home is a handy ingredient to flavour milk, desserts, sweets and cakes. Vanilla Extract is made by soaking vanilla& chopped vanilla beans in liquor like rum / brandy or vodka. Homemade Vanilla Extract keeps fresh good for months together.
Vanilla Extract is a quick and easy method showing how to make vanilla extract at home.
Making Vanilla Extract at home is very easy, it needs just 2 ingredients.
1.vanilla beans 2.alcohol rum brandy or vodka.
Mix both and shake well and wait for the it to age.You will need good quality vanilla beans and it took me sometime to hunt for it and finally found it online.The liquor you you either use rum or brandy or vodka.I used vodka and its going to be almost a month and the flavor is so good now itself, the more you give resting time the more you the flavor you will get.
The vanilla beans continue to flavor the liquid it is submerged in and the alcohol acts as a preservative.Actually you can add the vanilla bean as such too but I cut it into pieces so that it gets fully submerged inside the liquid.
I have just started using it for recipes and its awesome.I am sure once you make your own batch of vanilla extract no more looking back to store bought ones.
Tried this Vanilla Extract Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
Homemade Vanilla Extract | Vanilla Syrup
- 3 to 4 nos vanilla beans
- 3/4 cup vodka
- Get a clean dry glass bottle with a tight seal.
- First slit open the vanilla bean. Make sure you buy good quality vanilla bean.
- Scrap the vanilla and add it to the bottle.
- Cut the vanilla bean into small pieces and add it. Measure and keep the vodka ready. Add it to the bottle. Shake well,
- I had few extra so added in another small bottle too. Shake well and keep in room temperature. Shake it at least 3 days once. It takes at least 2-3 months for the flavor and color to get steeped in fully. The more time you keep the flavor is good.
- Shake Vanilla Syrup well before use!
How to make Vanilla Extract
- Get a clean dry glass bottle with a tight seal.Get the ingredients ready.First slit open the vanilla bean.Make sure you buy good quality vanilla bean.
- Scrap the vanilla and add it to the bottle.Make sure you use a clean dry glass bottle.
- Cut the vanilla bean into small pieces and add it.Measure and keep the vodka ready.Add it to the bottle.
- Shake well, I had few extra so added in another small bottle too.Shake well and keep in room temperature.Shake it atleast 3 days once.It takes at least 2-3 months for the flavor and color to get steeped in fully.The more time you keep the flavor is good.
Shake well before use!
Homemade vanilla extract ready to use!