Getting the perfect hot chocolate recipe wasn’t that easy for me.I have already posted a version of Hot Chocolate but I wanted to get the exact flavour, color and taste which I tasted at ‘Hot Chocolate’ a Patsserie,Cafe shop here at Coimbatore.The first time I tasted hot chocolate was 3 yrs back at that restaurant and to me it is so far the best hot chocolate and I thought it was how hot chocolate is served everywhere…So everytime I see hot chocolate in any restaurant / coffee shop menu card I would order it which includes even mittus school canteen expecting to taste that perfect hot chocolate…but none of them satisfied me everytime I was disappointed as the ones they served was just hot cocoa a watery chocolate drink which tasted more like drinking hot boost/bournvita.I have tasted hot chocolate in every restaurant which has it in their menu….but still on the quest to find more places that serve the best hot chocolate in the city.Then I searched so many websites and tried hot chocolate which I posted a while back, I liked the taste it was far better than the ones I tasted everywhere but still it lacked the taste and flavour I had in ‘Hot Chocolate’….so my search continued.I even tried few popular brands of hot chocolate readymade mix,drinking chocolate mix and what not….it was even more worse….somehow I forced myself to empty all of them without wasting it.
Everytime I go to ‘Hot Chocolate’ I would relish the drink till the last sip and try to guess the ingredients and method of making.It was rich, creamish chocolatey with a hint of vanilla flavour thats what I knew…..Last week I decided to give another final try(almost the 10th time I guess) and yesssss this time I nailed the recipe, I first tasted it then gave to hubby he said it is just perfect and the best……I waited till mittu was back from school, again made a cup of hot chocolate and was waiting for her reaction….she said amma this is soo yummy, antha kadaila kudicha mariye iruku(tastes like the one we tasted at that shop)……yayyyy finally found my kind of perfect hot chocolate recipe, no more excuses to drop in to any restaurants.This post is sure special to me 🙂
Hot Chocolate Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Full fat Milk – 2 cups
Fresh Cream / Milk Powder – 1 tbsp
Unsweetened Coco Powder – 3 tsp
Choco Shavings / Chips – 3 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 4 tsp
- First get ready with all your ingredients.Boil milk, let it cool down a bit then add fresh cream whisk it well.
- Now add sugar,cocoa powder, whisk it well so that coco powder gets blended well.
- Now add chocochips/chocolate shavings, let it boil.Keep mixing in low flame till the choco chips gets dissolved completely and the milk is slightly thick.Now add vanilla essence and bring it to a boil.Switch off and immediately pour in serving mugs and serve.
Serve hot with a pinch of coco powder sprinkled !!
- Don’t cook in high flame as there are chances for the cream to curdle so just boil in low / medium flame.
- I had few leftover chocolate shavings so used that, you can replace with choco chips too.
- Don’t heat the drink for more time, just when its about to boil whisk it.
- Good quality coco powder and choco chips is one of the important factors to get perfect hot chocolate.
- I used Weikfield coco powder for the first time and am loving it for the color and flavour.
- Fresh cream / milk powder is added to give thickness and a creamy texture to the drink, don’t skip it.
- I tell you hot chocolate and hot coco are entirely different in taste and texture.Hot chocolate is rich,creamy and slightly on the creamier side wherewas hot coco is just like milk in consistency.
- Hot chocolate should be made and served immediately.Reheating will change the taste and flavour of the drink.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste.
- You can even mix everything and microwave it for a minute.
- If you like cinnamon flavour then add a pinch of it.
- If you prefer you can serve it along with marshmallow but I prefered to replicate even the serving style just like in ‘Hot Chocolate’ so made it simple with just a sprinkle of coco powder.
- You can even use dark choco chips to get a more darker color and flavour.