Hot Cocoa Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Full fat Boiled Milk – 1 cup
Unsweetened Coco Powder – 2 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 3 tsp
- Take sugar and coco powder in a bowl.Add 2 tsp of milk to form thick smooth paste.Set aside.
- Now take boiled milk, then add sugar,cocoa paste, whisk it well.
- Then add vanilla essence, whisk once.Let it boil
- Simmer for 3mins.Then pour into serving glass and serve immediately.
Serve hot with a pinch of coco powder sprinkled !!
- Don’t cook in high flame.
- Reduce cocoa powder as per the variety , else it may taste bitter.
- The color depends on the variety of cocoa powder.
- Good quality coco powder is one of the important factors to get perfect hot Cocoa.
- I used Hersheys coco powder this time and am loving it for the color and flavour.
- Hot Chocolate and Hot Cocoa are entirely different in taste and texture.Hot Chocolate is rich,creamy and slightly on the creamier side wherewas hot coco is just like milk in consistency.
- Hot Cocoa should be made and served immediately.Reheating will change the taste and flavour of the drink.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste.
- You can even mix everything and microwave it for a minute.
- If you like cinnamon flavour then add a pinch of it.