Puffed Rice Upma Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Pori(Puffed Rice) – 1 cup
Carrot – 1 small sized grated
Big Onion – 1 chopped finely
Raw Peanuts – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coconut Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 2 small
Hing – a pinch
- In a pan heat oil in pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter, then add peanuts,roast for a minute then add onion and carrot.
- Saute for 2-3 mins.Meanwhile take pori in a strainer.
- Rinse it once,squeeze excess water and add it to the pan.Toss it well./
Serve hot / warm!
- You can use any of your favorite veggies too.You can even add 1 small tomato for a tangy flavour.
- Do not overcook the veggie, let the crunch be there.
- You can even add a 1/2 tsp of lemon juice for a lemony flavour.
- It doesn’t give much volume so will serve only one for this quantity.