Sweet Chutney Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Crushed Jaggery – 1/2 cup tightly packed
Tamarind – 2 heaped tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Water – as needed
- Soak tamarind in little water,just immersing level is enough.Crush jaggery and add 1/4 cup of hot water to it and mash it well with a laddle so that it dissolves easily.
- Then add soaked tamarind pulp to it and mix well.Now heat it up till it forms a honey like consistency, then add salt,jeera and red chilli powder.
- Look at the consistency it should be slightly sticky and honey like in consistency.At this stage switch off and strain using a metal strainer.Cool down the chutney and store it.
Refrigerate and use for chaats.
- You can refrigerate and use it whenever needed.It keeps well for atleast 15 days.Use a clean spoon everytime.
- Make sure you boil it well else there will be raw smell of tamarind.