Egg Gravy Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Eggs – 2
Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Big Onion- 1/2 chopped finely
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped finely
Salt- as required
To roast and grind:
Grated coconut- 3 tbsp
Coriander seeds- 1 tbsp
Red Chilli- 1
Garlic- 2 cloves
Ginger- 1/2 inch
Pepper corns- 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon – a 1/4 inch piece
Cloves – 2
Curry leaves- few
- Boil eggs until done. Cool it and then break the shells and remove it carefully. Then slit on all all sides using a knife.
- In medium flame in a pan, dry roast all the ‘To be grinded’ ingredients for 2-3 mins till it turns brown.Then cool down and grind it to a fine paste with little water.
- Heat oil and add the items under ‘to temper’ then add onion tomato and saute it, till it becomes mushy.Then add coconut paste and saute for 2mins until raw smell leaves.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and allow it to boil.Then add garam masala and salt and cook for 5 to 10 mins in sim until oil sperates.Finally add the bolied eggs and cook for a min.Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve hot with a generous serving of ghee, heaven I say 🙂
- Allow atleast 15mins resting time before serving so the gravy blends well with the eggs.
- You can also slit into halves and add it to gravy.