With the same base, you can also make a mixed vegetable sandwich with cucumber,carrot , tomato and onion too.
Cheesy Corn Capsicum Sandwich- Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World
Bread – 4 slices (I used wheat bread)
Sweet corn(de-seeded) – 3/4 cup
Capsicum – 1 finely chopped (I used 1/2 red and 1/2 green)
Cheese spread – 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder – for taste
Ghee – 2 tsp for toasting
Salt – as required
- De-seed corn and collect it in a bowl and pressure cook until soft.
- Collect the corn kernels in a bowl, add cheese, capsicum, salt and pepper and give a quick stir, Set aside.
- Toast the bread slice with ghee until slightly browned and crisp.
- Cut each bread slice into 2 and Apply the corn filling to one side and seal with another.Enjoy your sandwich hot.
You can also use your sandwich maker to make sealed sandwich when packing. I made few that way too as the filling with open sandwich isnt easy for kids to handle.
- You can even use onion, carrots or even tomato along with it to make the sandwich.
- The open sandwich is easy while serving at home. If you want to pack it, then go in for the sealed sandwich as its easy to handle especially for kids.
- I used wheat bread, you can also use regular white bread.