Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Baby Corn Manchurian Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: Indo Chinese
For the batter :
Baby Corn – 10 cut into half
Cornflour – 1.5 tbsp + (2 tsp mixed in 1 tbsp water)
Maida – 1.5 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Water – 2 to 3 tbsp(adjust to form a slightly thick paste)
Salt – to taste
Oil – to toast
For the manchurian:
Oil – 1 tbsp
Capsicum – 1 small size cut into ½ inch squares(I used green and red)
Water – 1 cup
Garlic – 2.5 tsp finely chopped
Soya sauce – 1/2 tsp
Tomato sauce – 1.5 tbsp
White Vinegar – 1/2 tsp(optional)
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Sauce – 1/2 tsp
Spring onions(white part) – 2 tbsp chopped
Spring onions(green part) – 1 tbsp chopped
Salt – to taste
- Parboil baby corn until it turns slightly soft yet crunchy enough to bite.. Drain water and keep aside. In a mixing bowl mix all the ingredients under ‘for the batter’ add little water to form a thick paste.
- Dip baby corn and toast it till golden brown..dont crowd it, toast / deep fry in batches.Make sure the coating sticks to the veggie.Toast the baby corn with oil in dosa tawa until crispy/roasted well or You can deep fry too, Set aside.
- Toast them until golden brown and drain in tissue paper and set aside.Get all the ingredients ready for the manchurian.Heat oil in a pan – add garlic and spring onions white part saute for a minute.Then add capsicum and saute for 2mins.
- Let capsicum retain its crispness and do not let them turn brown.Add soya sauce and mix well in high flame.Then add red chilli sauce and pepper.Add 1 cup of water then add tomato sauce, required salt and give a quick stir.Then add 2 tsp cornflour to 1 tbsp of water , mix well and add it.
- Now reduce flame let the sauce boil until it becomes slightly thick and velvety in appearance. Add the toasted baby corn and mix well. Garnish with spring onions green part and serve hot.
Serve hot as a starter or as a side dish for fried rice.
- You can deep fry baby corn until crispy and add it to the sauce.Do not let it become soggy. Serve immediately.
- Adding onions is purely optional, you can skip that too.
- Chilli sauce and soya sauce forms the base for any manchurian. I used red chilli sauce.
- Always serve hot as it may turn soggy when resting time is given.
- Make sure not to saute the veggies for a long time in the sauce as the veggies need to be crisp.
- Dont add more soya sauce than the mentioned amount else it will change the taste and make the manchurian more darker in color.
- I didnt deep fry them, instead toasted them in dosa tawa and there was no much taste difference.