Last time when I visited Sowmya she gave cornflakes sweet mixture , I loved the taste….But as hubby likes spicy mixture more I added very little sugar only this time….. You can even increase sugar quantity and enjoy it as sweet mixture.
This is a very easy snack that you can make for kids, its not deep fried too so healthy snack ready in minutes….that sound cool right?! Make your batch now 🙂
Cornflakes Mixture Recipe
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Dry Cornflakes* – 1.5 cups
Roasted Gram Dal (Pottukadalai) – 1/8 cup
Peanuts – 4 tbsp
Cashews – 8
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – a sprig
Red Chilli powder – 1.5 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
* In case you do not get the dry corn flakes you can use the regular Kellogs unflavored cornflakes as I have done.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C…Add a butter paper to the baking tray then spread a layer of corn flakes and bake it at 180 deg C for 3-5 mins stirring every now and then till golden brown,Set aside.Likewise repeat the process for fried gram dal and peanut each seperately.Collect peanuts and gram dal with cornflakes and set aside.
- In a wide pan add a tsp of ghee and fry cashews and rasins till golden brown, set aside.Then add a tsp of oil and add curry leaves along with red chilli powder and salt. Mix well add the cornflakes along with nuts,raisins nad give a toss until the spices is well blended with the mixture
Cool down store in an airtight container and enjoy your guiltfree snack! Serve as a snack it hot coffee.
- Baking time varies for each oven so be careful while baking. Stand beside and bake it stirring every now and then as it gets easily burnt.Yes experience speaks I burnt my first batch then started over again with fresh cornflakes for clicking.
- Adding sugar is purely optional.
- If you like garlic flavour just add 1 crushed garlic along with the curry leaves.
- You can even add 1/4 cup poha bake it the same way and use it.
- Raisins give a nice crunch while eating so dont skip it.
- If you have more cornflakes bake them in 2-3 batches.
- You can even pan fry all the ingredients but baking gives extra crispiness.
- This keeps well even for 2 weeks when stored in airtight container.