Aloo Tikki Chaat is my fav esp at Agarwals.Aloo Tikki can be used in many chaat recipes.I have had Aloo Tikki Chaat once at Agarwals but they had named it Aloo Tikki Chole but there was no dahi / curd in it. I love any dahi based chaats so adjusted the chaat ingredients and made this aloo tikki chaat on the same day I made aloo tikki. I just ate one aloo tikki as such and dunked all the other aloo tikkis in chole, curd and enjoyed this aloo tikki chole dahi chaat 🙂 Hubby too loves chaat so the other plate was reserved for him.
Breadcrumbs gives a nice crispy outer layer with a soft inside making it perfect to absorb chana masala, the chaat chutneys and curd….yumm!!
At agarwals I guess they use ghee for kachori, aloo tikkis that it tastes so good by itself and even in chaats.You can try toasting the aloo tikkis in ghee too if you are ok with it, gives a great flavour. I want to try vegetable cutlet for this chaat, sure to try next time when I make veg cutlet.
I love chana masala in any form eother in sandwiches or bread chana or in any chaat so I was waiting for chance to make this chaat.When I planned this travel food idea, I made sweet chutney along with which I made green chutney also and planned to line up chaat for the week 🙂 This chaat has a lot of variations, you can replace aloo tikki with samosa / kachori / puris / papdis.
Check out other chaat recipes that I posted earlier.
Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe
Recipe Category: Chaat | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Aloo Tikki – 4
Chana Masala V1, Chana Masala V2 – 1 cup
Sweet Chutney – 1.5 tbsp
Green Chutney – 1.5 tbsp
Thick Curd – 1/4 cup
Chaat Masala powder – a pinch
Plain Sev – 1/3 cup
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp finely chopped
- The above measures are for 2 plates each palte containing 2 aloo tikkis.Make aloo tikki and chana masala ready.Beat curd well and set aside.In a serving plate / flat bowl first spoon chana masala then add aloo tikki patties(I used 2 per plate).Add more chana masala on top, drizzle curd.
- Add curd, sweet chutney and green chutney.Add raw onion,chat masala powder,sev.Garnish with coriander leaves.If you like add more sweet chutney on top.
Serve immediately.Yummy plate of aloo tikki chaat ready to enjoy at home!! 🙂 Are you ready?!
- You can even sprinkle chilli powder, chat masala powder at the final stage.
- Make the chaat ready and serve it immediately after making.
- You can even use leftover chana masala but versions without coconut suits best.
- You can serve the chaat hot or warm preferably your aloo tikkis should be hot 🙂
- I made the sweet chutney 2 days in advance and refrigerated it.
- You can toast the aloo tikkis in ghee too if you are ok with it, gives a great flavour.
- Or you can deep fry the tikkis too.
- You can even try this chaat with veg cutlet am sure it would taste great too.
- If you want you can add a tsp of sugar in curd.
- Beat curd well so that its smooth and creamy.
- While making chaats at home, make sure you use a bowl or plate with a small rim atleast so that its easy to eat.