I had already tried this muffins long back don’t know what I missed…it was a disaster and after that didn’t have the courage to try it again.Now that I have my new oven, I tried it again and this time it came out perfect.The muffins were super hit with everyone at home including mittu.
Groupe SEB India expands its Product Line with the launch of an all new Maharaja Whileline OTG – Oven Toaster Griller Range – Marvello series.
It ensures a delightful and easy cooking experience while dishing out delicious cakes, cookies, muffins, freshly toasted breads, lip smacking kebabs, grilled chicken wings,tikkas and the list goes on.
Some key features of the Marvello OTG Range:
- Stylish looks with premium Black and Silver color scheme which makes it look attractive.
- Usually the convection heating option is present only for higher capacity models but in Marvello even the lower capacity model has it which is a additional feature.
- Convection Heating ensures even cooking.
- It has more number of accessories as compared to other brands which gives wide options to bake and grill.
- It has 120 mins timer with auto shut off for safe,energy efficient usage and unattended cooking.
- 3 models to choose from depending upon the requirements.
Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Muffins Recipe
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup + 1 tbsp to dust the dry fruits
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Tutti Frutti – 1/4 cup
Jaggery – 1/2 cup powdered and tightly packed
Cooking Oil – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup(Boiled and Cooled)
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Water – 1/8 cup
- In a mixing bowl – add jaggery,milk and oil.
- Then add water and vanilla essence.
- Whisk it well, now strain and set aside.Add a tbsp of flour to tutti frutti, mix it and keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, take wheat flour along with baking powder and baking soda.Whisk it well.Now add this to the liquid mix.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Whisk it well without any lumps.Now add tutti frutti(reserve 2 tsp alone) and mix with a spatula.The batter will be thickish like idli batter consistency to scoop out and not in pourable consistency.
- I used my icecream scooper to scoop out the batter to get even sized muffins.Take any mould of your choice.I used my muffin pan that I bought recently.Spoon the batter and pour till 3/4th of the mould sprinkle tutti frutti.Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.Take the muffins and cool down in wirerack.
Serve as a snack!
- We mix tutti frutti with a tsp of flour to avoid tuttifrutti sinking to the bottom.
- Timing depends on the pan you use and the oven type too.
- You can even bake this cake in a cake mould and bake for 30-35mins or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- I got 8 muffins for the above measures in the ingredients list.The 4 choco chip muffins are from another 1/2 cup flour which I baked for mittus sake.
- The cake rises well so don’t fill more than 3/4th else it will overflow while baking.
- I used jaggery which was tightly packed 1/2 cup so the sweetness was apt for us.Don’t reduce.
- If you are adding the batter directly in the pan grease it well then add it.