Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Cauliflower Curry Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Cauliflower – 1 medium sized
Onion – 1 big
Tomato puree – from 1 tomato
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 small sprig
- Cut cauliflower florets into bite size pieces and boil it in water with salt and turmeric powder until soft but still firm enough.Drain it and keep aside.Heat oil in a kadai – add the ingredients listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Then add onion and ginger garlic paste, saute till slightly browned.
- Then add tomato puree along with red chilli,coriander and garam masala powders and salt.Allow it to boil well till raw smell of tomatoes leave.Then add parboiled cauliflower.
- Mix well with the gravy.Keeping in low flame sprinkle little water less than 1/4 cup and cook covered for 5 minutes in low flame.Turn over in between to avoid burning. After few mins the water must have dried up. Mix once, Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve with any parathas or variety rice.
- You can add tomatoes while frying onions instead of the puree.
- Garam masala powder is purely optional, but I like the flavour so added it 🙂