Quinoa Kara Pongal is a healthy, mild spicy pongal made by cooking quinoa and dal and tempered with ghee & spices. Quinoa Kara Pongal is very filling and saves your appetite for long hours. How to make Quinoa Kara Pongal is presented in this post with step by step pictures.
Easy Quinoa Ven Pongal , cooked quinoa and dal mashed together then tempered with jeera,pepper corns,curry leaves,cashews with a dose of ghee.Most of the south indian household prepare ven pongal as a part of breakfast atleast once a month, we usually make it with rice or millet for a change tried it quinoa, its a perfect choice I would say.Do try this and let me know how you liked it.
Tried this quinoa kara pongal ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
Quinoa Kara Pongal
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp moong dal
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp jeera
- 1/4 tsp pepper corns
- a small sprig curry leaves
- 1 small green chilli
- 5 nos cashews broken
- Rinse quinoa first and set aside.
- Dry roast dal until golden then add quinoa to it. Add water.
- Cook covered in low flame until mushy. Quinoa should have tails coming out which shows its perfectly cooked. Mash it well. If its too dry add little hot water.
- In a kadai add ghee + oil then add the tempering finally add cashews and fry until golden.
- Transfer the tempering to pongal along with required salt. Mix well and serve Quinoa Kara Pongal hot.
How to make Quinoa Kara Pongal
- Rinse quinoa first and set aside.Dry roast dal until golden then add quinoa to it.Add water.
- Cook covered in low flame until mushy.Quinoa should have tails coming out which shows its perfectly cooked. Mash it well.If its too dry add little hot water.
- In a kadai add ghee + oil then add the tempering finally add cashews and fry until golden.Transfer the tempering to pongal along with required salt.Mix well and serve hot.
Serve hot with a drizzle of ghee!
Hot hot quinoa kara pongal ready!