For this mixed paratha, you dont need any side dish at all just raita is enough to finish off the dinner or meal. At the same time its wholesome and healthy with all the veggies.I’m sure kids who hesitate to eat veggies will like this paratha with pickle and raita.
Veg Paratha – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Turmeric powder -a pinch
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp (optional)
Vegetables – 1 cup finely chopped (I used carrots, beans and cabbage)
Capsicum – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Water – as required
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chop the vegetables as finely as possible using a chopper/ food processor and pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame along with salt, turmeric powder and little water till immersing level.Mash the veggies well so that its easy while rolling.Reserve the vegetable stock.
- Add the mashed veggies along with wheat flour, then add red chilli powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder, chopped capsicum, coriander leaves and required salt. Add the vegetable stock and if required add water to form a soft pilable dough.Let it rest for 30mins atleast. Form lemon sized balls.
- Dust flour on the rolling surface and roll into thin/thick parathas.Heat oil in a tawa, and cook the parathas on both the sides.
Serve hot with curd and pickle.
- You can alternatively saute the veggies and cook and make it as a stuffing.
- For 2 cups of flour see to it that your sauted veggies comes to 1 cup atleast.
- Veggies is totally of your choice, you can even use green peas, paneer also etc
- Be very careful while adding water as the veggies will leave out water.