Soups are very healthy and also easy to make, but I usually don’t get that urge to make soups but last week it was very chill here and I had few slices of homemade wheat bread left out so thought to have a soupy breakfast for the next day morning.
Hubby loved the breakfast with soup and while he was having his last sip he asked So did you reserve the breadslices for the clicks….?! Ahh atlast he asked…..;) I just smiled :)) And that’s a happy ending right?! 🙂
Cauliflower Soup Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Cauliflower – 1 and 1/4 cups
Big Onion – 2 tbsp roughly chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves roughly chopped
Water – 1 and 1/2 cups
Milk – 1/4 cup
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Oregano / Mixed Herbs – 1/4 tsp
Cheese – 2 tsp just for garnish (optional)
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Jeera – 1/4 tsp
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and measure it.Rinse it well and soak in warm water with salt.Drain water and keep it ready.In a pressure cooker heat oil – add jeera let it crackle, then add onion and garlic and saute till onions turn transparent.Then add cauliflower and saute till the raw smell of cauliflower leaves.
- Then add pepper powder,oregano ,required salt and saute for few more mins.
- Add 1 and 1/4 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles in low medium flame.Cool down completely then using a hand blender grind it smoothly.You can use mixie too, in that case reserve the water part and then grind.Check my notes for more detailed info.Adjust salt at this stage.
- Now add milk and let it to boil for 2mins then switch off and serve hot with a a sprinkle of pepper powder,oregano and a tsp of cheese.
Serve hot with a generous sprinkle of pepper powder.
- Adding milk is optional, I added it to make it more creamy.
- At the final stage use a hand blender.If you don’t own a hand blender, then using a meatal strainer strain cooked cauliflower cool down then grind it smoothly.Then add the paste to the strained water and let it to boil then proceed to step4.
- Cheese gives a nice flavour to the soup.
- Use pepper powder generously.
- Saute cauliflower well so that raw smell completely leaves, then pressure cook it.