And thank you so much to each one of you who enquired about the issue and sent encouraging words though mail / messages / comments etc….I never thought my voice was this loud…:o with all your support and concerning words, the issue stands small to me…..yes I feel way better now….:) Now lets on to learn how to make sheer khorma shall we?!
Sheer Khurma Recipe – Ingredients
Full Fat Milk – 3 cups
Fine semiya variety – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/8 cup
Butter – 1 tbsp
Rose Water – 1 tsp
Cardamom powder – a small pinch
Nuts & Dry Fruits:
Dates – 2.5 tbsp finely chopped
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Cashews + Badams + Pistachios + Charoli nuts – 1/4 cup chopped finely
- Boil milk in a pan until it shrinks to almost half in volume. Meanwhile you can chop the dry fruits and nuts.Soak dates in warm milk and set aside.Heat butter in a pan and add the nuts and raisins fry till slightly browned and is crispy.Set aside.
- In the same pan add vermicelli and roast till golden brown.Then add half of milk and let the vermicelli get cooked. Once the vermicelli turns soft add sugar, cardamom powder, give a quick stir.
- Add remaining milk and let it boil in low flame. Once it is thick add the roasted nuts,dates,rose water give a stir and cook for 2mins then switch off.
It was so delicious that the taste still lingers in my tongue 🙂 Serve hot or chilled as you like it. I loved it chilled.
- The kheer thickens with time so switch it off accordingly.
- Actually for sheer khurma they use a even more finer variety of vermicelli……but I did not get it so used what I had in hand.
- No need to chop the charoli nuts you can add it as such.You can even add a pinch of saffron strands for extra flavour.
- For a more richer version use 1/8 cup cream and 1/8 cup condensed milk while simmering the milk.
- As we are using dates I reduced the quantity of sugar and it was fine for us. If you prefer more sweet then use 1/4 cup sugar.