Seviyan Kheer is a mild sweet dessert made by simmering seviyan in milk to a kheer consistency & garnished with flavours & nuts. Seviyan Kheer is a special dessert made for Ramzan & special occasions.
Seviyan kheer recipe with stepwise pictures and video.Seviyan kheer is a special kheer made for Ramzan / Ramadan.It is almost similar to our vermicelli keer(semiya payasam) but slight variations in the making makes it all the more rich and creamy.
Tried this Seviyan Kheer Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- I used this vermicelli which was meant for payasam. Measure vermicelli and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, roast vermicelli in low flame till slightly golden.
- Now add 3 cups milk to it. Let it cook until semiya turns soft.
- Add sugar only after semiya is cooked but not mushy.
- After adding sugar, the mixture turns runny. Cook until slightly thick and creamy.
- Add cardamom powder,1 tbsp chopped nuts of your choice. Mix well.
- You can add saffron if you like the flavour.
- Reserve another 1 tbsp mixed nuts while garnishing.
- Add remaining milk mix well and switch off. This kheer thickens with time so switch off when its still a bit runny.
- Serve Seviyan Kheer warm or chilled!
- I used full cream milk.
- Make sure you add sugar only after semiya is cooked.
- This kheer thickens after cooling so reserve and add little milk at the last stage while switching off.
- If you are using low fat milk then reduce (simmer) and then add.
- I couldn't find the fine thin strands of vermicelli so used this variety.
If you get the fine variety then use it.
- You can replace cardamom powder with saffron too or add both.
Seviyan Kheer Recipe Step by Step
- I used seviyan vermicelli which was meant for payasam.Measure vermicelli and set aside.Heat ghee in a pan, Roast vermicelli in low flame till slightly golden.
- Now add 3 cups milk to it.Let it cook until semiya turns soft.
- Add sugar only after semiya is cooked but not mushy.After adding sugar, the mixture turns runny.Cook until slightly thick and creamy.Add cardamom powder,1 tbsp chopped nuts of your choice.Mix well.You can add saffron if you like the flavour.Reserve another 1 tbsp mixed nuts while garnishing.
- Add remaining milk mix well and switch off.This kheer thickens with time so switch off when its still a bit runny.
Serve warm or chilled!
Creamy tasty seviyan kheer ready!