Garlic Chutney Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Garlic – 10 cloves
Red Chillies – 4
Small Onion – 5
Tamarind – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Gingelly Oil – 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 small sprig
- Grind together garlic,small onion,red chillies and tamarind together to a semi coarse mixture in a blender.Set aside. Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai/pan – add the ingredients listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.
- Then add the garlic onion paste along with salt and give a quick mix along with the tempering and saute till raw smell leaves.Add 1-2 tbsp of water and allow it to boil.When it starts sticking add oil little by little.Switch off and add remaining oil and mix.
Serve hot with crispy dosas or with soft idlis!
- Break the red chillies roughly before grinding so that it grinds well and evenly
- Be generous in adding gingelly oil else the chutney will start sticking.
- The chutney is super spicy to our taste buds so adjust red chillies according to your preference.This goes well with idli dosa and even rotis.
- This will surely keep well for 2 days(in room temperature) which is ideal for packing. When refrigerated it will keep well even for a week.
- We are grinding the ingredients raw so make sure to saute well along with tempering until raw smell totally leaves.