Cucumber Raita Recipe - IngredientsCooking & Preparation Time: 10 mins
Curd - 1 cup
Cucumber - 3 small
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp chopped
Salt - to taste
1.Rinse cucumber in water,peel of the skin using a peeler and trim the edges. Then chop them into small bite sized pieces or just grate them finely, set aside. In a mixing bowl whisk the curd well.
2.Then add cumin powder, red chilli powder , required salt then chopped cucumber and coriander leaves. Mix well.
Serve with biryani / even rotis!
- You can even grate the cucumber instead of chopping.But I personally prefer the chunky pieces as its nice crunchy :)
- You can add pepper powder instead of red chilli powder too.
- Always whisk the curd well before mixing the ingredients for any type of raita.
- Use thick curd(yogurt) for raita.
- You can even roast cumin seeds before powdering to give more flavour to your raita.
- If you prefer garnish with cumin powder while serving.